Wednesday, May 13, 2009

growing. up.

i've been doing a lot of growing, thinking & soul searching lately. i've had my back pushed against the wall a few times and i've always came out a better, stronger person from the experience. sometimes we need a good shaking to make us wake up and take a good look at ourselves and really see the bigger picture.

i feel like i am starting another chapter of my life. even though you are technically considered an adult when you turn 18, i have never really felt like an adult until now. my first 23 years of life were lived somewhat carelessly. i loved and lost a lot and didn't necessarily know how to deal with that in the best way.

entering my 24th year of life, i feel like i have accomplished a pretty good amount of things thus far. i have my associates degree in liberal studies. i am working on my bachelors in graphic design with a minor in marketing (and i only have like TEN classes left)! and i even scored an AWESOME internship doing exaaactly what i LOVE - working in baseball and doing graphic design.

i think i've dwelled in the negative a lot and not stopped and realized how much i really have going for me and how GOOD of a person i really am! i sell myself short all too much and put myself down in my mind because that's how people have made me feel. but i know better now.

i AM a good person with a HUGE heart.
i AM intelligent, witty, and funny.
i LOVE the ones i call friends and would do anything for them and they know it.

i truly appreciate everything i have and am happy to be where i am today. i don't take back any bad experience or negative thing i've been through in my life because they have shaped me and made me the woman i am today.

Photobucket

No comments: