Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September 2011

I have not posted anything in a REALLY long time! I really want to make a conscious effort to try to keep this thing updated.

Since I last posted, not TOO much has happened. I still live in the same place. I have been living there for 9 months now. I love it. I seriously look forward to going home to my little apartment every day! It's just so ...me. Yeah, it can get kinda lonely at times, but I have Howie (my stuffed animal). I know if sounds silly, but sleeping with him at night is really comforting!

I still work for Local Splash. I am now help out in recruiting, among other things. I kind of do it all. I recruit people, take care of the break room/vending machines, do graphics projects, admin work, client presentations, etc. It's pretty awesome. I'm so much happier in this position. Everyone on this side of the office is so down to earth and cool.

I'm also a lot more healthier since my transition to this side of the office. I don't leave work upset anymore, therefor I don't feel the need to drink as much. I've been working out a lot more and just feeling better overall.

I now have a great group of friends in my life and really couldn't be happier. I had a friend out here who I did a lot for. I was always there for her. Since she didn't have any family out here, I tried my best to make her feel like she did. I made her a video on her birthday of her family wishing her a happy birthday and even made her her favorite family dish for dinner on the night of her birthday. I always listened to her and was always there for her. Sometimes I think people take advantage of my kindness, which sucks. But, I am who I am. She was kinda snippy to people at work. Everyone would always ask me what her deal was an I ALWAYS always stood up for her. I just don't think she realized how she was coming off. SO... I told her one day "You know, you are kind of rude to me at work sometimes...I know you are under a lot of stress but you do it to other people too. They always ask me what the deal is." I wasn't saying it in a mean way. I just don't think she understood how she comes off to people. A lot of people think she is rude. But, she's not. So, after I told her that, she flipped out - saying I'm just sensitive, etc. She walked out of the restaurant and ended our friendship... just... like... that. I couldn't believe it. I was NOTHING but a good friend to her. I swear people never cease to amaze me! But hey... may the bridges you burn, light your way...

I also lost a really good friend...shortly after the fiasco above. I will talk about that in another post. He deserves his own entry.

I am really going to try to keep this updated. We are pretty much caught up from the last time I posted. Much love to you.

No comments: